Tuesday, February 22, 2011

They just be caaaalling me!!

So I'm in my bed, asleep. Just minding my own business. When, POOF, out of nowhere I'm dreaming about a dang NEWPORT!! Are you serious? Oh but that's not even the crazy part. Get this. I can't even smoke the stupid thing because the pack was all wet. Now you know that a substance is addictive if you're having (what is known in the substance abuse world as) drug dreams! Yes essentially I had a dang drug dream about a newport. My quitting smoking is not without assistance. I elected to use the patch as a supplement to help me kick the habit. Now mind you I have been anticipating this release from smoking for quite some time so I have a stash of nicotine patches that I basically began hoarding about a year ago. I put on a lower dose at night just to deal with the first thing in the morning craving. Well last night I decide to sleep without the patch. I guess my nicotine level dropped during the night and I began to crave one in my sleep!!

Needless to say I woke up this morning with the desire to smoke but I don't have any cigarettes (Thank God) I could ask my neighbor but that would just be counter productive. In order to be a non-smoker you have to NOT SMOKE! Simple enough. I see this as round 1 of today's challenge and I WON!!! I recognized my craving, decided to deal with it and now I'm going to shower and get ready to face this beautiful day.

So come on newports, let's get this thing understood. I have been a slave to your cunning and addictive nature for far too long. You will not take another day off of my life, and if it is at all possible I plan to take back some of the years that you have already snatched away from me. My lungs get stronger and healthier with every passing day and soon enough I will be NICOTINE FREE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment